Stay in Destin
Coming to the Emerald Coast Open & Festival, enjoy our ECO discounts from our sponsor hotel during the event!
1500 Miracle Strip Parkway Southeast
Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32548
The Island Resort has officially completed its $15+ million property-wide renovation including outdoor common areas, restaurants and bars, conference rooms, lobby and all guest rooms, including a private Island suite that sleeps up to 14 guests. Plus, with two expansive on-site pools, lush tropical gardens and 5 restaurant/bars on site, you won’t have to travel far to enjoy yourself.
Locally owned and operated since 1966, The Island is a family-friendly property, with fun in store for everyone. Located on Okaloosa Island in Fort Walton Beach just 8 minutes west of Destin’s HarborWalk on Florida’s Panhandle, The Island offers direct access to over 600 feet of private white sand beach, the world famous Grotto Bar to swim-up for your favorite cocktail and Tripp Tide beach bar for spectacular sunsets.
No matter when you plan to visit, The Island offers weekly activities and events to keep your family entertained:
- Every Tuesday and Saturday (March-October) The Island’s resident mermaid Misty meets and greets guests at the Grotto pool.
- Every Wednesday through Friday (March-October) morning, a free yoga session is offered from 8:00-9:00 am on the Island Green.
- Sunset Live Music – Every night during the week (March-November), enjoy live music by the Tripp Tide Bar.
- Poolside DJ Parties by the Grotto every Saturday (May-August).
- Dive-in movies by the Cabana Pool (March-August).